Monday, April 10, 2006

To chat, or not to chat

That is the question.

The first six times JD and i broke up, i'd still look forward to that online chat with him at the end of the day. No matter what happens, there is just something about knowing that someone out there understands you perfectly, and will not judge you (for the most part.) Let's face it, someone you can be completely open and honest with is hard to come by, no matter how you cut it.

I guess the seventh time is different. Not a charm, that's for sure.

At times keeping in touch is like turning up hellfire. You seek a little warmth and get a third-degree burn. But you do it, cos it still beats the cold.

In Playing Mona Lisa, an older Jewish female characters says (and I'm paraphrasing), "When my husband left me for a younger woman, I was devastated. But look at me now! In time the sharp, excruciating, stabbing pain has turned into a dull, nagging ache. Just give it time, honey."

Whew! Can't wait.

No comments: