Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Healthcare Hell

I've been dealing with Kaiser Permanente for a few years now. I don't recall the last pleasant experience with them. Don't get me started.

Last Sunday I tried to schedule an appointment online. It kept saying I was not a member. I had to call in the request. Finally, today, I called website support to report the problem. Cos there's no online tech support, of course. The lady on the other end spoke loudly and slowly as if I was stupid. Sure, I have a foreign last name. I must be incapable of understanding English. First she doubted I logged onto the correct website.

Not know the URL? When they practically remind you of it nine times when you're navigating through nine menus on the phone to get to speak to a human being? When you're on the phone in the first place because THE WEBSITE DOESN'T WORK?!

So when that possibility was busted, she said I didn't show as registered. I explained to her I was able to log on, so apparently i was registered. Yeah, like KP is such a master at database management they couldn't possibly have a glitch! Actually, most likely, it was a human error, as usual, but let's humor each other and call it a technical difficulty.

"You need to log on to the website and register," she insisted.

"You mean log on first, then register?" I asked.

You see, when i say log on, i mean to punch in your user name and password. Apparently, the dope used "log on" and "go on a website" interchangeably.

Then she went on to explain the process of receiving a temporary password and changing it to a custom one. All the while suppressing the impatience in her voice. Ineffectively.

Like i'm an idiot.

Hello! i HAVE a custom password. So apparently, i've done it all before.

But i didn't have the fight in me. i let her finish.

God why can't i stand up for myself for once?!

No comments: