Wednesday, April 26, 2006

That's OK, Sigmund, I Got It

This morning I awoke from a strange and vivid dream.

Death comes for my parents as they are walking down the street. I know it's the Ripper when I spot him but they can't hear my warning. My Dad throws some punches, and for a moment there the Ripper appears to be exhausted. I can tell it's a trick! Sure enough, just as my Dad lets his guard down, the Ripper extracts the breath out of him, then does the same with my Mom.

Something transpires...

My daughter has just passed away. My son-in-law, who's Jewish, is taking my granddaughter to a synagogue to attend service and has invited me along. The architecture is grand and majestic and in blue and white.

As I approach the building I see all these people protesting in chaos. Something about their religion and oppression. Signs and posters and handouts everywhere. I can hardly make my way through the crowd.

I catch up with my son-in-law, barely catching my breath. I have this feeling he's keeping my granddaughter from me lest I snatch her away.

I plead, "Don't you see she doesn't belong here?"

Indignant, he replies in tears, "Your daughter and I belonged together."

I am so overwhelmed with emotion I start sobbing uncontrollably.

The emotions were so intense I woke up.

I don't think I need Freud for this one!

No comments: