Monday, April 17, 2006

Homage to Queen

Last week Kelly Pickler's rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody on American Idol made me cry. I didn't know quite what it was. There was just something about those lyrics.

Today i decided to really listen. No wonder! It reads like a Greek tragedy:

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

Anyway the wind blows
Doesn't really matter to me

Mama...
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on
as if nothing really matters

I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

Spare him his life from this monstrosity

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby - can't do this to me baby

Anyone can see
Nothing really matters -
nothing really matters to me


All i can say is: Works well for a suicidal alchoholic with issues with her Mom. Oh, and ex-lover.

No comments: