Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Things to Come

Today I saw for the second time this week a billboard with a simplistic design of white text on black that read:

6 + 6 + 06
The signs are all around you.


Oooh... ominous.

Should we panic because:

A) The Prince of Darkness incarnate will be born into this world on June 6 this year? Lemme guess, at 6:06 a.m., right? (I'm sure no one thought of this in 1906. Or 1806, for that matter. Shall I go on?)

or

B) On June 6 this year, darkness will befall us, the earth will split open and swallow all sinners whole, who will suffer eternal damnation in excruciating pain?

If the latter is the case, do let me know, will ya? So I can save myself some anguish of trying to land a job by the end of May. I can instead just kick back and chill in the midst of fellow sinners. Thanks!

No comments: