Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Revelation 24

I'm listening to Brian McKnight's "One Last Cry" from 1992, arguably his best track, ever.

I remember vaguely telling W & Elsie how good this song was. And they didn't respond.

The song was just perfect. And i related to every verse. Even though i was in a steady relationship back then. Foreboding, one might say.

I saw you
holding hands
Standing close to
someone else
Now i sit all alone
Wishing all my feeling was gone
I give my best to you
Nothing for me to do

Fast forward to Spring Break 2005. JD was driving us home from Reno. In pouring rain. And Acceptence's "Different" came on.

I tell myself
On the ride home...
... Count me out
When it's clear
that i
Find it hard to say
And you
Find it hard to care

Months later i would realize he hadn't even heard that song. Probably cuz he was attempting hard to steer while hydroplaning at 35 MPH.

So there you have it. I was alone in every relationship there was. They weren't even there.

No comments: