Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Over the Rainbow

Some guy wrote me through a portal i signed up with. He seemed charming, funny, and sincerely fascinated by what i had to say.

"I just got an email on [the site]," i wrote Denisse. "From Grandpa."

Seriously, the guy looked 69. (He was 49.)

I know this is totally superficial. If he dyed his hair i'd probably feel differently. He is weathered. Tayler Hicks this is not. (Taylor Hicks i'd do everyday, and twice on Sunday.)

I elaborated on my guilt with Denisse. "He's old, dammit," she wrote back. With a "hehe" to follow. Denisse is 27.

Matt is turning 50 next month. Matt doesn't look a day past 41.

You can't help how you feel. Until you read a book, the cover's all you've got to judge it by.

On the other end of the spectrum, you can get all caught up with the cover and not even care to flip the pages. I've been on both ends. So i guess i won't judge. All is fair in love and war, ay?

Someday i'll be grey and turkey-ish, and look back on this day, and sigh.

No comments: