Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Epiphany 8

It suddenly hit me that i could die without anyone knowing the real me. I became crippled with fear.

Even on here, where i vow to be honest and truthful, i can always downplay certain aspects. For example, is it cooler to quote KT Tunstall than Kelly Clarkson? (Of course it is, but you catch my drift.)

All of us are multifaceted and complex as hell. Arguably, who really knows us, all of us, in our entirety?

I used to facetiously lament with JD, "Why doesn't anyone love me?"

And i grew ashamed of wanting to be loved. All in the name of being strong. You know what? I have been strong. I am strong.

And still i want to be loved. These things are not mutually exclusive.

2 comments:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Everyone wants to be loved. It's just that you shouldn't want to be loved so much that you change who you really are. You should have at least one person in your life who thinks you are amazing. It's human nature. I think I'm a pretty strong woman, but I still crave attention and love. It's okay.

Anonymous said...

Evreyone wants to be loved. It is a matter of allowing someone to love you. Yes, you have to love yourself first, but still you have to allow the love from another.