Sunday, June 17, 2007

36 Years & 3 Days

Had andouille sausage for the first time today. I'm afraid i've grown very comfortable with solitude.

I've always preferred it. But haven't always been comfortable with it. If that makes sense.

Then i had me some garlic prawns from last weekend (frozen in the interim so don't you worry) so my pee is gonna have a garlic-infused aroma for the rest of this beautiful day that is Sunday.

While doing the dishes, I have the final round of The U.S. Golf Open Championship on in the background. It's the perfect white noise to chores. A little remnant from my JD days.

(BTW is it me or does "doing the dishes" sound naughty?)

I don't mean i was cooped up all weekend. (I drove all the way out to Burlingame to lunch with my less favorite cousin so damn it i'm not a loser! LOL.) I had plenty of people time for 30 hours. And i do mean plenty.

Called my parents for Father's Day yesterday cuz they're one day ahead. They (mostly my Mom) started asking all sorts of questions on where i was at career-wise. Unbelievable. Have i had a raise? A promotion? Is my title befitting my degree? OMG! My degree doesn't mean shit, Ma. She lives in la-la land when it comes to her immediate family, those related by blood. Keyword being "blood", which explains her unrelenting animosity toward my father.

And then she asked how come i hardly show up at my bro's for their weekly online conference any more.

Uh, geez, i don't know, Ma. Perhaps because YOU GRILL ME AND MAKE ME FEEL INADEQUATE?

I don't know if isolation begets isolation, but it's certainly begotten somewhere.

No comments: