Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Family That Drink Together, Think Together

Over the weekend my brother W had soju for the first time. What a late bloomer! : ) I learned a thing or two on Korean eatz & drinks from hanging out with my friends down in Korea Town during my L.A days.

W picked up the frosted glass bottle to read it. "40 proof," he announced.

I wasn't sure if i heard him right, and asked him to repeat.

"40 proof," he said, waiting for a reaction. I had already started nodding in acknowledgment when he added, "20% alcohol."

I rolled my eyes. "I can do the math," i told him. He smiled wryly.

I glanced at the description. I read it out loud, "Potato neutral filtered..."

"Potatoes?!" Exclaimed W in disbelief.

"Much like vodka," i concluded.

W mulled it over for a second. Then he nodded in concession.

Now that's bonding.

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

I love family bonding!! It wasn't only the drinking, it was also random knowledge that brought you together! Nice.