Sunday, June 03, 2007

Lycopene Jones

Yesterday i had my first glass of Clamato. What is Clamato, you ask? Why, it's tomato juice allegedly with a hint of clams. Sounds gross, but i'd wanted to try it since Third Rock went off the air and guy-who-played-Harry did a series of commercials for the then-new product Clamato.

"Innovative!" I said. And many moons later, i finally got a taste. I couldn't quite discern any clammy flavor in there. And it's got a funny - i'd say "base note" if it were a fragrance - to it. Kinda like that in a can of Chef Boyardee Italian sausage ravioli. I believe the secret ingredient is called preservatives.

I've had the bottle of Clamato for at least 8 weeks now, and it doesn't expire till Christmas. Go figure.

And i should've known better. Don't reach for tomato juice when what i really want is a Bloody Mary. Lesson learned.

No comments: