Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Shout-Out. Almost.

I thought i was gonna be too depressed to blog today. Depressed on a Tuesday? What a shocker.

Post-shower, i started singing My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean out of the blue, and got all choked up. Yes, there's a childhood memory in there which i'm not gonna elaborate.

5:22 p.m. I sat on the couch and stared out at the bright, cloudless sky. It's fucking glorious. And i feel all gloomy inside. Just like your run-of-the-mill antidepressant commercial.

Now two friends my age are getting married. Not one, but TWO. All of suddenly being the only spinster who dies alone becomes very real.

Even Denisse stops texting me. I feel utterly undisturbed. Kinda like turd off the side of the road everybody is trying to avoid.

I read Ms. Milwaukee's blog this evening which i meant to do yesterday. I feel strangely like a stalker. She hasn't posted a lot lately. Must be the job. (Ha, ha.) I mean, everybody can't be prolific like i. (Translation: no life. LOL.)

So, in a nutshell, she's a fellow hypomanic recluse on medication to ward off depression. I know she has said before she relates to some of the stuff i say, but i had no idea.

Misery loves company. Thank you for not getting married this year, Ms. Milwaukee.

1 comment:

Sara and Kim said...

The government won't let me get married so there is no need to worry about that!!!