Friday, March 23, 2007

All Dressed Up & Nowhere 2 Go

There's something a little sad about blogging on a Friday night.

This wasn't a happy week. Even the prospective weekend did not cheer me up.

And then came 3 p.m., and it was bright and gorgeous out, and i thought, i ain't going home!

But i didn't know what to do. I just wanted to drive somewhere. Somewhere out-of-town-ish, but not too far.

I thought i'd go down to Santa Cruz to explore the downtown area like i'd wanted to for some time now.

I went too far and wound up in Capitola. Where are the damned signs when you need them?

But i did enjoy the ride. So much sun, so much green. I didn't even need to exceed the speed limit. (Believe me. That's rare for me.)

Finally, i arrived in downtown Santa Cruz. Just the way i remembered it from the first time i stumbled across it after getting lost. Good times.

Parking was near impossible. My enthusiasm waned quickly. I left.

Yes, crazy, i know. Shouldn't surprise anybody by now.

On the way back i was craving both cajun salmon and one of them stout concoctions at BJ's. I considered who i could call to say, Hey, wanna have dinner with me? Or, Hey, wanna come out and have a drink?

And there was NO ONE i could do that with. NO ONE.

I got mad. I thought i should just go myself.

I got as far as the parking lot. I couldn't do it.

Even after a long day, after having endured my boss' visit, no less, i was looking pretty hot. And ready to party. And there's no one, absolutely no one, to party with.

Pissed and dismayed, i refused to give up. I called Matt. He might be desperate too, you know.

His OGM said he'd be getting a new phone any day now. Did he go and change phones on me without a warning?

By golly this guy is really something else. And i can't call his home cos he never wanted to include me in that circle, did he, or he would've given me that number months ago. I mean, how jaded is he to be so guarded? Given, i have that number. But i can't dial it, or i'll come off as a total psycho. Which i am, but he doesn't need to know that.

Earlier this week, when i had to call him for work, he was all giddy when he picked up, "What's up?" So, i mean, he's not totally disgusted by me. What gives? LOL.

Perhaps it's a good thing. I had lost my head there for a minute. Let's hang on by a thread of self-respect while we can, shall we?

No comments: