Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Random Thoughts


I'm having a huge craving for deviled eggs... i NEED to search for a recipe online, so i can make it this weekend. (Yeah, right. By tomorrow i will have changed my mind. I mean, this morning i thought i wanted pizza. And let's face it. I order pizza, like, twice a year.)

It would've been with basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and... what kind of meat i couldn't decide. Something Freudian about that, i'm sure.

I can't believe i'm out of Absolut Kurant!

At the old store i really enjoyed helping my customers. When you truly care, it shows, and (most) people appreciate that.

I felt well-liked there. By both my customers and coworkers. Like my existence mattered. They asked for me by name, for christ's sake. Kinda like Cheers.

But there can be only one Norm.

Today i sadly realize that i have ceased to care at the new place. When i ask, "How may i help you?", even i can detect the nonchalance in my voice. I might as well say, "Quickly state your problem so i can get off the phone. Stat!"

When a relationship doesn't make you a better person than you would be alone, get out. The same goes for jobs, i believe.


(Photo: Courtesy of The Deviled Egg Gourmet)

1 comment:

Sara and Kim said...

On no! All my posts are going to have to include humor now??? :o)