Thursday, March 08, 2007

Merry Thursday

Thursday is the new Friday, and i really didn't want to be sitting at home. So, even though i was dead tired at the end of the day, i went to happy hour with this sector of my online group.

I love the president of this club. She's a cool gal. And she seems to genuinely like me. She immediately remembered my name and where it was we first met. Almost half a year ago. I almost shed a tear, i was so touched.

I arrived 20 minutes early. Knowing me! Probably no one was even looking, but i was so self-conscious. There are many things i can do alone. But being in a bar all by myself is not one of them.

I did not click with Ms. President's friends, though. It's near impossible to get to know anyone yelling around a large dining table. And besides, having to stop at two drinks to avoid a DUI? Not a fun time.

But i got to have Irish sausage for the first time so that was cool : ) [I wish that was a dirty joke!]

And Denisse had Cuban for the first time on her end. I asked her how it was.

"Like Mexican," she replied. "Beans and rice."

Probably not politically correct. But funny!

But she did enjoy her two daiquiris and that's all that counts, right?

Walking to my car, i passed by the sushi place that York II took me to on our second date. All the plastic sushi in the window looked so tantalizing! For a second, i imagined walking in there and ordering me nigori sake and mirugai and ama ebi and...

I wish i lived in a culture where dining alone is not a stigma. I mean, shouldn't we rejoice in singles busting out and living a little, instead of being shamed into remaining in the confines of their own home?

Man, i need to move to Japan.

No comments: