Saturday, March 17, 2007

Move Over, Sigmund

Last night, when Denisse lent an ear to my woes, i busted out all sorts of psychotherapy lingo and theories that really impressed her. I mentioned how it's subconscious self-sabotage for me to find myself constantly drawn to unavailable men. And my longing to be part of someone's world was due to lack of a sense of identity. She started some introspection which led to the enlightenment that, for her, it's all about the pursuit. Once the chase is over and the prey is at her disposal, the thrill dies, and she lets go. (I thought this conquest mentality was more a guy thing. But, whatever.)

Boy, do we have issues galore.

Turned out that JD was on a date when i called. It's always nice to have our recapitulation to count on, after yet another failed attempt at a mature, fulfilling relationship out there on our own.

JD and i have a bond like no other. "You're the only one i can be blatantly depressed with," i told him.

That's something. That's special. What i don't have with JD means so much more to me than what i don't have with any other guy.

(LOL.)

No comments: