Sunday, February 17, 2008

Shrinkage 6

My BGF JM now lives in Eagan, MN. The last time we spoke, she lamented that she couldn't seem to stop eatting excessively and putting on weight.

"Unlike you," she said. "I want to eat after i'm done cooking!"

I assured her that she didn't look like she'd gained a pound in her recent photos on Friendster. And i meant it wholeheartedly. She looked just lovely as always with her charming smile that would lift your spirits, renewing your faith in life.

On the other hand i do understand one tends to chow more in frigid climate. And it'd better be something steamy and starchy and satisfying, too. Fuck salads and cold deli sandwiches! One spits on them!

JM expressed disbelief in my size 0 status. It mattered little it'd come from an unhealthy place.

In my attempt to shed light on reality, i told JM, "You know, one drawback of being thin is that it hurts to sit on your ass... at my computer, in my car, on the couch... I shift and there is no comfortable position."

To which JM replied, "Is that all?"

No comments: