Wednesday, February 27, 2008

All In a Day's Work 6

Yesterday Keith* my manager was going to the District Office to interview for a promotion. If he gets the job, he'll be leaving us. I've heard the assistant manager and the lead sales are applying for higher runks too. Nothing stays stagnant indeed.

All the more reason for me to leave, too.

After wishing Keith good luck, which i meant, i was curious about how much time was allotted for the selection process, Keith's presentation included. He'd been stressing over it somewhat. I could only imagine how nerve-racking that must be.

Apparently not enough coffee was in my system yet, as i blurted out, "How long is your thing?"

Then i heard myself, and my smile froze. I wondered if i should crack a joke to relieve the tension the implication of obscenity might have sprung.

Keith didn't even blush. Nor did he cringe or hesitate before he gave me a straight-faced answer that was thoroughly professional and pertinent.

Guess everybody has a dirty mind not. : )


*Not his real name

No comments: