Sunday, February 17, 2008

Romp

On Thursday i had a humong-gantic Thai lunch comprised of roasted eggplant and chili-flaked prawns, my favorite combo these days. I was stuffed for hours. There was not even a smidgeon of room for snacks in the evening.

I came home to find in my fridge a bowl of saran-wrapped tuna. Fresh out of the can and untouched. Virginal. Serendipity.

I was puzzled. Then it dawned on me that i'd prepared that the previous night, thinking i'd make that my lunch. All i needed was to add some Miracle Whip, lemon juice, sweet relish and condiments, and i'd be good to go.

Later i told JD, "I felt bad i'd forgotten all about the tuna!"

"Do you seriously think your tuna was talking to you?" Mocked JD.

"No," I replied. "But i could feel its pain. Like i was the man who totally forgot my wife the saran-wrapped tuna that was sitting at home waiting, and had a juicy nooner with the mistress that was my Thai lunch!"

No comments: