Thursday, February 28, 2008

All In a Day's Work 8

Louis stopped by my office to invite Derek II to join him in a puffy session out back.

"That's it for me," announced Louis. "Smokes and Red Bull. No more food."

Which really got a reaction out of me. "Wha?!" I shrieked.

"I'm gonna stop eating," declared Louis.

"Why?" I pursued. I mean Louis is a triple-decker bacon cheeseburger kinda guy! It is soothing to know there are people out there who don't tally up their fat intake in grams at the end of the day.

All Louis did in response was to pat his belly with his palms, and grin. I'm familiar with that sound. Akin to a tribal drum.

"He's gonna be like you, V.!" Egged on Derek with a twinkle in his eyes.

Louis pointed at me. "I want that body," said Louis with a smirk.

As the fellas exited, i imagined verbalizing, "You can have this body any time, Louis."

Not so much that i really mean it. Just that i'm a pathological flirt. Especially when a guy seems vulnerable. And Louis is cute. Yesterday i brought him work for rectification.

"Jesus Christ!" Exclaimed an incredulous Louis at the absurdity.

"Yes, my child," i responded, and couldn't wipe that grin off my face.

"That would be my answer!" Said Louis with a smile of satisfaction and mischief.

Oh, yes. Commonalities. Those can be very misleading.

No comments: