Monday, May 29, 2006

This Long Weekend...


Curry with prawns, made fresh by yours truly. I wish you could smell it. : )

Long weekends mean "shop till you drop" to some folks, but not me.

It's an irony that exercise tires you and energizes you at the same time. Yesterday was Yoga Day Two. I was really amazed to see how much more i was able to do even though i was physically tired. If you know me, you'll know this is quite a list:

1. Showered

2. Mushroom Mardi Gras in Morgan Hill

3. Yoga in extreme heat

4. Chatted with dance instructor from the university, who happens to practice Bikram Yoga at the same studio

5. Showered again

6. Made dinner (spaghetti al dente with mushrooms and cilantro... yum!)

And today i went grocery shopping and actually made a meal from scratch (see pic above), which i haven't done in ages.

But there've been drawbacks:

1. 5 minutes into the Mushroom Mardi Gras, i thought, this is no fun. I'm never coming back!

2. Halfway thru yoga, i thought, drinking is way more fun. I'm never coming back!

3. After a meal is made, i think, now what? (That is the problem. After cooking i'm not even interested in eating it.)

Not like i didn't enjoy any of it. Happiness is brief as usual. Bottom line: i still wish there's someone to share these things with. I wish i didn't wish this... When you're twenty-something, being alone symbolizes independence that can be readily glorified, and it was easy to say i didn't need anybody. In your thirties it's just pathetic. But still, i put my heart and soul in Dhanurasana! : ) Feeling sore today...

No comments: