Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Believe in Animism


Isn't this the most surprised look you'll see around the house?

Today i felt like i hadn't left the house in days. (It's not true. It just felt that way.) My brother's family came to pay me a visit, which was nice. It's nice to feel like someone cares if you're dead or alive. But as usual i could never live in the moment. I was busy trying to complete a task i promised a teammate. I couldn't just stop, breathe, and enjoy their company.

Before long, they were gone. And honestly it felt worse than having been alone all along. After walking them to their Odyssey, i looked up and was in awe - the sun was out, it's actually a nice day. If not for my brother i would've been oblivious. OK, that's not true. I did peek from behind the blinds and felt isolated... Undeserving.

If not for my brother, i wouldn't even have stepped outside. The last time i came in the door, i was so glad to be home, i actually semi-yelled, "Hello, people!" Yeah... i worry about me too. Hey, perhaps my carpet and my dining table did miss me. Who's the say otherwise?

No comments: