Monday, May 22, 2006

No harm, no foul

So my Aunt Evelyn* was in town today, visiting from Texas. All the way from Richmond, TX 77469, man! Woo hoo! That's right! When i saw York online today, i said, "i shoulda asked her to bring me an armadillo, to barbeque later!" He practically rolled on the floor. Oh... that was just the emoticon.

As i drove out to the Hilton she's staying at to meet her and her hubby for lunch, i thought to myself, "If she comments on my weight gain or my adult acne condition, i'll scream!... i swear i will!" (If you're puzzled, see Afternoon Magic.)

But i saw her and we hugged and i was glad to see her and we had a nice time.

"Now that you've put on some weight you look like your Mom so much more than you did before!" Aunt Evelyn remarked.

And i took that as a compliment.

Ha! In your face, Ma! Looks like some folks find me lovely after all. And they remember you as fat!

(Hee hee.)


*her real name : )

No comments: