Sunday, June 01, 2008

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I almost never cook Chinese... The only exception has been fried wontons... I feel like i've gotten in touch with my roots, modifications notwithstanding! LOL!

I decided to make shrimp paste from scratch, integrating 3 recipes from my research (crazy, i know!) What can i say, i get overambitious at times!

Pristine shrimps are a lovely sight! : )


Finely chopped... Or as finely as humanly possible without a food processor...


Then you beat it to a pulp, and smash it relentlessly. You know, i thought this procedure was gonna be cathartic, but i didn't enjoy it as much as i'd anticipated. I felt like i was hurting the shrimps. Perhaps i don't have as much latent anger as i thought...


This is what your hand looks like afterwards


Mix in the goodies...


I have a love/hate relationship with getting my hands dirty : P


Goodies mixed in, you hafta (violently) throw the goo on your chopping board numerous times to get the texture right. Kinda comical, if you ask me.


You know me... I LOVE my chili peppers!!! : D


All stuffed and ready to go! Corn starch is your friend...



Black bean sauce fired up




How elaborate do i hafta go to outdo myself next time??! : P

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Those look absolutely fan-freaking-tastic! Did it take you very long to make them? Were they delicious? I'm very impressed!