Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fireworks

This morning I was doing a search on my blog, and i came across the last time Matt and i connected.

I wish i could tell u what the search words were. I'm sure they were fascinating.

I hadn't remembered that post (arguably the beauty of blogging!) And reliving the moment of when Matt called me a friend was still precious. Got me choked up, to be honest.

I was playing the Kill Bill, Vol. 2 soundtrack (which Matt had played at one dinner party which i wasn't invited to) when Taylor texted.

Taylor misses me, as i do him.

It was July 4th when Taylor first wrote me.

He caught my attention right away. I mean what guy writes on Indepence Day in lieu of watching sports?!? Or whatever is purportedly significant that day.

"You seem like someone who would be easy to be with, wonderful to talk to, and hard to leave."

I concur: that may've been a default from a draft. Hookthechix.doc.

At the end, it wasn't that hard to leave my side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing I ever wrote you was out of any playbook.. FYI.. everything I wrote you was unique and just for you. Cast negative spins all you like. You only cheapen the memory in your head and not the truth of what actually happened between us.

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

He sounds mean. Not when you write about him, but when he writes about himself.

tagaccat said...

He is not mean. He just hurts easy, like i. There's been so much unintended hurt.

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I sound mean? Implying that I was using "plays" isn't mean? And what did I write in reply? That nothing I ever wrote was out a playbook and that it was just for her. That isn't mean.. its a compliment. And its true. The truth just is. If you can't handle it then close your eyes and close your ears.. but the truth will still be out there anyway. Because it just *is*. It always has been and always will be. Its the one and only thing you can count on in life.