Friday, June 20, 2008

All In a Day's Work 17

Riley*, our new trainee who's in his - i dunno - third week? Came in my office thrice today to mock the customers he'd had to deal with.

Yesterday out on the floor he asked me to go get the gun from his car and blow his brains out.

At the end of his third lamentation today, i inquired, "Do you need your brains blown out today, Riley?"

"Maybe i can go outside and lay on the pavement," replied Riley. "And you can crush my skull with your car."

Then he got all excited and asked the model of my car and so on, evaluating whether it would do the job.

"Maybe you can chain me to your car and drag me around," continued a wide-eyed Riley. "Gangster-style!"

I cringed. I do not like to fathom pain, physical or otherwise, let alone inflicting it.

"I don't like torture," I stated, grimacing. "Torture is not cool..."

After pausing for drama, i added, "Death is fine."


*Not his real name. And not the same Riley.

No comments: