Thursday, April 05, 2007

Profoundly Shaken

The cocktail shaker JD gave me for Christmas in 2004 was the best present ever. It's the gift that keeps on giving. He also gave me two martini glasses, one in raspberry and the other in apple green, photographed above. Very festive. We talked about making margaritas but never did.

27 months later, i'm finally making martinis for the first time in my life, and actually using those glasses. I make 'em dirty, since it's the only way i know how, since it's the version Matt served me. It seems wrong somehow that i'm using JD's glasses for Matt's drink.

When you make 'em dirty, the brine makes the concoction slick. Sometimes, when i eye the reflective dewy beads that cling onto the walls of my glass, i think i'm staring into an oil lamp. And for a momentito, i'm transported.

No comments: