Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bliss

My latest musical fave is The All-American Rejects. I can put "It Ends Tonight" on repeat forever. There's just something about the lead singer's voice. And the sound/arrangement is reminiscent of some mid to late 80's hits to me. Which may not be a good thing for some, but it works for me. The lyrics are pretty awesome too.

I'm having some Hakatsuru draft sake tonight. Didn't know sake could have a draft version until last weekend. From what i can gather, hakatsuru means "white crane" in Japanese. Aww... how poetic.

Never had sake until just a few years ago. Never really cared for it. Was just something that my brother and i would share over sushi. If you know me... I'd do anything to build rapport and to establish a bond of some sort.

Then recently i started to actually appreciate the taste. I guess i was just never exposed to enough varieties in the spectrum prior. Some folks dig beer for the taste. I guess sake has become my beer. Must be my Asian root. Can't escape it.

(May i note i have yet to come across a white boy who likes sake.)

So this bottle comes with a lift-off cap. Not the kind you can screw back on. I'm gonna have to finish all 300 ml of the potion. Poor me.

Music and alcohol. That's really all you need.

No comments: