Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Detoxing That Was Toxic

Ms. Milwaukee made my day by making a comment on the entry i posted the other day when i was feeling forlorn. Which is quite remarkable considering i've had a good day that's hard to top. She is candid and funny as ever, which i appreciate very much in another human being.

Ms. Milwaukee thinks JD has turned his back on me. JD should know i'm the same person, she says.

Well, it's more the other way around. Sober JD is not the same person to me. I felt betrayed for days, when in reality, i was the one who chose to turn away. Cos i couldn't deal. It was immature of me, i realize.

JD used to attest that a lot of our relationship was based on the fact that we both liked to drink. Detesting the concept, i would always dismiss it. I would hear none of it.

I refused to see that, if one of us was to cut the habit while the other continued, it would not be a level playing field.

Now i see. Just another thing JD turns out to be right about all along.

I have learned so much in the past 3 years through the people i have met and gotten to know a little better. Each has opened my eyes and put things in perspective for me. Even though i am more plagued than ever, i've truly become more accepting of myself as a person. On most days anyway. LOL.

No comments: