Thursday, April 19, 2007

From Blunt To B.B.

JD emailed me to thank me for the James Blunt CD i mailed him. It's ironic in a way, cos i'd had it all packaged and ready to mail even before he'd notified me of sobering up last Sunday.

I expected him to receive the CD and not remember why James Blunt. And you know what? I'm not sure he does. And tonight, i had an urge to write back to clue him in, and to thank him for the pleasantries. But no word would suffice. And deep down i do thank him for keeping me posted on how he's doing. I know it can't be easy.

I do hate the bitterness that precedes goodwill. If he's getting better then i'm happy. But the first reaction is always linked to abandonment issues.

Tonight I saw Kill Bill and Kill Bill Vol. 2 back to back, the way they're supposed to be viewed, i realize only after viewing them. I thought they were all about violence and shock value, but turned out they've got heart! The last chapter where Beatrice and Bill are vis-à-vis is the bomb. The two protagonists are both brokenhearted at the end. Aww. Grab me a tissue.

But it's true. It's not easy when someone leaves you.

It's Thursday. And after all, Thursday is the new Friday. And i'm afraid to mention the "d" word.

No comments: