Saturday, April 21, 2007

A First Time For Everything

I've had some firsts lately.

1. Bought an avocado. Learned how to slice it.
2. A stranger bought me a drink from across the bar.
3. A woman asked me to dance.

The whirlwind was all good. And no, the stranger and the woman were not the same person.

Today was a girly day for Denisse and me. We got a manicure together - another first for me. There are so many things i'm not comfortable doing unless alone. Denisse is one of the chosen few i am at ease with. Completely. For that i feel blessed.

Then we caught a chick flick, In the Land Of Women, which was actually pretty good. I can't resist a protagonist who's introspective and trying to find himself. After all, i'm trying to find myself.

Last but not least, we checked out the Takara Sake Museum in Berkeley. With free tasting, no less. I had no idea there were so many kinds of sake. And they all tasted so good! (Go figure.) On an empty stomach, Denisse and i both got a little giddy.

"I am so happy right now!" I grinned at Denisse. "I love this place!"

She chuckled, "We should come back often!"

We ended the day on a perfect note by having sushi. It was gloomy, windy and wet out. But nothing could dampen our spirit. It was a perfect day.

Here's the anecdote of the day:

The klutz that i am, i can never make a manicure last. As a matter of fact, i usually attain at least a nick or a smudge even before i leave the parking lot. That's why i hardly ever get them.

Today, at the salon, i emerged from the restroom to join Denisse who was still getting her nails dried. I sat down next to her and examined my nails, admiring the gloss. Sure enough, it was already fucked up at two spots. I showed them to Denisse.

"How did you manage to do that?" Denisse exclaimed.

"By wiping my ass," i replied.

No comments: