Friday, May 28, 2010

Swirl

It's come to my attention that pole dancing fitness classes have become popular.

Pole dancing has fascinated me. Those pros make it look effortless and... fun! And since the pole invaded the dance floors at clubs where you go to see and be seen, i've witnessed some real talent at various venues too. It is extremely bemusing to observe guys gathering around the raised platform, all eyes on the pole dancers, transfixed. I've laughed out loud many times. Hell i can't even take my eyes off certain ones at times. I'm sure for some women commanding their bodies to entice comes as second nature. Many are so good it is as if they do this everyday!

I don't need to be gawked at by strange men. For all i know, i may never go clubbing again. I want to learn cuz it's not something i can just watch and simulate, unlike other moves. Course it doesn't help that i don't have a pole. I just want to be able to, if this is such a no-brainer for other girls. And when i do, it's not gonna be about fitness, baby.

No comments: