Saturday, May 22, 2010

Delightful

Yesterday Kato teased me for constantly posting food pix on FB. Riley used to, too, before he moved back to Canada. He'd close his eyes, silently chuckle, shake his head and lower it. I swear if i wasn't a girl he'd beat me up when we lunched out.

These guys love food too. They love talking about it. Frequently. In great detail. I just happen to want to document my alimentary experiences photographically. Not unlike taking a naughty snapshot of a lover. I'm not even original in this day and age.

I've read recently tableside photography has become such an epic etiquette dilemma that some restaurants have banned it.

I agree if you take so long you keep someone from eating that's not right. I try to be swift.

At least i'm not dedicated enough to have a food blog. I don't Yelp, either.

This morning i saw that a friend from elementary school had posted a plea on my Wall, "Please stop posting food pix as they are very disturbing..." and then thanked me for sharing.

I wanted to respond with:

You can run but you can't hide. Wait. You CAN hide.

Addicts are everywhere. So i obsess a bit. I'm in good company.

I've often said there are only so many carnal pleasures. There's food. And sex. Damn straight i'm gonna indulge!

Well, okay, there's kissing and massages too. But you can pretty much dump those in the category of sex.

No comments: