Monday, May 17, 2010

Epoch

Tonight I listened to Bon Jovi perform "Superman Tonight" live.

I wanted to love it, I did. I have many albums. They were cool!

But tonight despite true talent i wasn't touched. I saw old wrinkled rockers trying to live it up.

I wasn't inspired by the lyrics. And, hell, yeah, i could be meaner. It was - *gasp* - commercial! (=the kiss of death)

All i could mutter was, "Look, where have you been in the past 4 decades? I do NOT need to be rescued!"

The track could sell millions. Sure has been on the air a lot. But i expect better from a band i hailed growing up.

Jon Bon Jovi once said downloading a track without experiencing the entire album is like tearing pages off a hardcover and having a taste of only one chapter. An album tells a story. This generation doesn't know what it's missing.

Sad when the promoted chapter isn't enticing anymore.

No comments: