Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sick Puppy 2

Last night i watched an episode of Friends that was close to home.

Ross' life is falling apart. His new bride is in hiding. He's on sabbatical from work due to an anger management issue.

Then they mess up his order at Central Perk. Staring down at his mug, Ross whines, "Can't anything in my life go right?"

This was why i called Pasta Pomodoro on Sunday night and asked for the manager because they couldn't understand the last item on my called-in order (my item), a fact JD didn't find out till he showed up at the joint. Given, i was tipsy. But they should've had the decency to clarify and/or ask for a phone number.

I was furious. I felt so slighted. When JD asked me to let it go, i slammed the door.

If one thing in my life should go right, it's a take-out order, damn it. Is that too much to ask? I mean, not like i'm asking for unconditional love, companionship, or profound understanding.

Maybe it's Matt's loss not to pursue a second date. Maybe i have to believe that. Many people are in worse shape than i. After all, Matt said "unrepairable" this afternoon.

"The word is 'irreparable'", i wanted to state while grinning slyly.

Turns out both are correct. See? There are no absolutes in this world. But every man is an island. And the ability to spell is only one element widening the straits between the islands.

No comments: