Friday, January 05, 2007

Babies Rule

When my nephew OC was born last October, i didn't think i would ever feel about him the way i did AC, OC's older brother. Newborn OC was not as good-looking as infant AC, and had various health issues which prompted him to cry mysteriously at times.

Last night i looked into OC's eyes during one of his crying fits. The noise became a sound with which the little boy communicated helplessly. And he looked right back at me.

I pecked him on the cheek. Those chubby cheeks!!

When a new kid enters your life, your love is not shared by that addition. It grows.

I guess this is the closest i would come to know how it feels to be a parent.

My brother W is known to say, "Babies have to be cute! It's nature's way to prevent abandonment. You take one look at their faces and keep feeding them and wiping their asses."

Some parents believe their kids make them better people. It must be true.

No comments: