Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Case of Mistaken Identity 2

Tonight i wound up chatting with Annie*, my 20-year-old friend from community college, thinking that she was my old friend from junior high, because they bore the same name. 2 minutes into the convo, i realized something wasn't right. She was chipper and full of life.

Then i moved the cursor over her username in the main window, read the balloon and muttered, "Oops!"

I hadn't talked to her in ages. Before long, she asked about my love life. You know when someone does that, they really want to talk about theirs.

Turns out she's had cybersex and the whole shebang (pun intended) on the website JD is hooked on. And she's been dating this guy for three months now.

Aww, young love.

She wanted my advice on interracial relationships and, well, birth control. I totally blabbed as if i was speaking to a peer.

"How old are you again?" Annie inquired.

"OLD," i replied. "LOL."

She insisted to know. Young folks never take in the weight of age.

"I was fresh out of high school when you were a toddler," i wrote.

I could've said "when you were in diapers", but i backspaced, erased, and rephrased.

So, yeah, i probably ruined her life. I shoulda said something stern to the effect of "Stay in school and abstain!"

Well, everybody needs to make their own mistakes, right?

She's gonna look me up during spring break. Can't wait.


*Not her real name

No comments: