Monday, October 02, 2006

Hey kiddie kiddie...

I've noticed that, when i mention sex in a post, i get a lot more visits than otherwise.

In that case, sex sex sex sex sex!

This is kinda sick, cos this piece is about my babysitting experience today. And no, no sex involved, no siree bob. Sorry to disappoint.

Elsie my sister-in-law is going in labor two days early. I have to go over to their house to babysit my nephew AC so that my brother can stay at the hospital with Elsie until later tonight.

When i got the news this morning, i totally panicked. I've never babysat AC before. Heck, i've never babysat before, period.

I take off from work early to get to their house in time for their departure.

I figured AC was gonna start bawling as soon as his parents headed out the door.

"What do i do if he doesn't stop crying?" I asked W my brother.

"Just cover your ears and let him cry," W replied.

But AC hardly even noticed they snuck out, he was so engrossed with Blue's Clues.

Which also meant that i didn't get to hug my sister-in-law goodbye like i wanted to. : (

I am really amazed by how easily entertained kids are. When they're paying attention to something, their heart and soul are in it. They couldn't be more content and at peace. Now that's living in the moment.

Five minutes into the one-on-one situation, i started having doubts. If i have to use the bathroom, and close the door behind me, will AC fret? At dinner time, how am i supposed to lure him to the table and put him in the high chair? And boy, I should've taken a kiddie CPR class!... This is a HUGE responsibility, for God's sake!

But AC couldn't be happier just watching his DVD on repeat play. I occassionally clap and dance with him, and he smiles broadly, and the whole living room brightens up.

I suppose i should stop blogging and check on the kid...

No comments: