Saturday, October 28, 2006

Affirmation

It's Saturday again, and i thought Kenneth must be in the city again, without internet access. After 3 weeks, i've finally come to terms that maybe he's not just busy - he simply doesn't want to see me again.

The guy was depressed, and i got the feeling he wasn't quite over his ex-wife. Did i really want to go down that road?

But i thought he liked talking to me. I made him laugh.

I started counting all the guys who had cut me loose, whom i never heard from again. But some of them saw something in me. And those qualities are real. I embrace these qualities that make me who i am. And if someone picks and chooses which of these attributes he likes, then it's his problem, not mine.

It is unlikely i'll ever meet someone who embraces me in my entirety. But it's possible*.


*I'm borrowing JD's favorite quote from The Exorcism of Emily Rose

No comments: