Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Revelation 5

We intellectuals make things far more complicated than they absolutely have to be.

I said that when i IM’d with York today.

He was explaining this tormenting situation with this girl at work. He’s afraid to pursue; she’s seductive and ambiguous. I mean this guy may very well be slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit.

York is in anguish. He went ahead and spilled the beans about issues with his ex-wife and consequently some other chick at work he previously had a crush on. OMG. This guy is so ridden with issues, and so in denial about them, it’s not even funny.

When i told JD over the weekend that York was far more fucked up than he and i ever was, he couldn’t believe it.

I guess listening to York helped me understand my issues somewhat. Insecurities, jealousy, an unwarranted sense of rivalry and uncertainty. An insatiable desire for attention. And to top it off, indecisiveness. Not a pretty list.

But, despite it all, listening to a guy go on and on about some hot Asian chick who sucks on a lollipop while exposing her bra strap (at work! no less) still doesn’t sit well with me.

People like myself constantly question the way they think and the way they feel. They can never trust anyone, not even themselves. They can’t tell illusions from reality.

I look at pictures of JD making garlic bread, and i think, wow, JD and i ain’t so bad. Maybe we stand a chance.

No comments: