Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Once Too Many

When you blog four times within nine hours, you know it's time to get a life. And by "you", i mean me, of course.

Incidentally, i thought instead of "four times" i could say "quadrupice" - you know, as in thrice = three times? No dice. Apparently the English stopped at 3.

I recently took an online IQ test. I know... sounds iffy. But the questions seemed legit, encompassing math, logic, and speech. I scored 135, no prepping. And i was semi-drunk, to boot. Anywho, I was exactly where i thought i was. Suitably above average, but not a genius. In other words, I shall never see the interior of Mensa. And that's okay.

A rough guide, courtesy of wilderdom.com:

115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
165-179 - High genius
180-200 - Highest genius
>200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

Einstein's was 160. He probably fucked it up on purpose cos he was too cool for some dumb IQ test. One last thing: University students ≠ Above-average intelligence. Come on!

No comments: