Thursday, October 04, 2007

Shrinkage 2

This afternoon, before the nurse gave me my injection, she pinched my upper arm in disapproval.

"Honey," she said. "You need more meat in there!"

I chuckled in disbelief. She didn't laugh with me.

Just this morning i was invited to a November wedding. (Less than two months to shop!!) After the injection appointment, i stopped at a cool boutique and tried on a few things, including a corset-esque top that had caught my eye from 6 yards away.

At the cash register, having noticed that the corset was not amongst the items i was paying for, the over-friendly clerk inquired on my fitting experience.

"It didn't work out," i lamented. "It kept shifting and slipping off."

"Perhaps you need a smaller size," suggested the chipper clerk.

Semi-embarrassed, i politely responded, "It was already size 0."

No comments: