Thursday, October 04, 2007

Give Thanks

Derek II is going turkey hunting right before Thanksgiving.

"It's not every day you get to hunt your own food," says a stoked Derek.

"Isn't it a hassle to remove the bullet?" Frowning, i ask.

"You shoot them in the head." Derek informs me. "The male are easy targets. They've got this red crown thing."

He's even got the female turkey decoys (made of foam! Which is comical to me) and sound simulator to entice the male to draw near.

"They get frustrated," Derek further educates me. "Sometimes it takes a couple of hours, but eventually they give in and approach."

"That is so cruel!" I cry.

We have it so good as humans and don't even know it. We don't go to a bar, flirt with someone, think we're gonna get laid, and BOOM!!!!! - get our brains blown out.

2 comments:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

hahahahahaha!!!!
Did you ever see "My cousin Vinny?" This sounds just like the poor defenseless deer getting a drink of water story!!! Hehe!

Anonymous said...

this cracked me up!!!