Saturday, October 13, 2007

Phantasm

Mid-afternoon today, never having previously noticed Recchiuti Confections at the Ferry Building, i stopped in my tracks to admire it without entry. Looked like a lot of dark chocolaty pleasure to me! In my peripheral vision a man in the shop had his eyes fixed on me.

After like 30 seconds, i turned to meet his gaze. He had already looked away. It was a curt glimpse in a sea of heads, but i was floored by his gentle features. They reminded me of Taylor's.

Our eyes never met.

As i walked away, he watched me leave... in an immaculate white T-shirt that rendered him vulnerable.

Sadness washed over me.

Walking down Market toward the Embarcadero station, a group of guys passed me by. It was a blur, but i could've sworn one of them looked exactly like Dark Chocolate guy there. The sun had gone behind buildings. The streets seemed desolate. I felt surreal, as if i was playing a part in the film Abre Los Ojos.

As the Richmond train was pulling in, i spotted a pensive passenger by the window, zooming by, who could also be the one i'd had a moment with.

They're all moments.

I am chasing a ghost. Everyone and anyone can be the embodiment of my illusion called love.

No comments: