Sunday, May 20, 2007

Parable




Bought fresh flowers for myself for the first time since i've been living alone. Come to think of it, for the first time in my life. I chose two bouquets that were aesthetically compatible, and also compatible in personalities - theirs, and mine.

Never been good at taking care of cut flowers, or any plant life for that matter. And suck at dealing with their demise. Go figure.

Today transporting the fresh cuts to water and half-assed-ly arranging them literally caused an anxiety attack. My God they're not fish, V.

I felt i had to nurse them back to health pronto so their beauty could last a while. Yet i managed to forget to pour in the packet of flower food. AND was too lazy to cut the stems diagonally.

There's a parallel to my life. I want it to be beautiful, for beauty will be brief - "Death will come soon to hush us along." Yet i do NOT do my best to create or sustain beauty in life.

1 comment:

Sara and Kim said...

that is the reason i have cactus