Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Kiss Me, I'm a Foodie

I've been having some major food issues this week. Pure, unbridled obsession. To the point of hearburn-inducing anxiety.

Today i had a nice intellectual chat on the subject with Denisse, who isn't immune either. Nowadays most women do have an unhealthy relationship with food to some degree.

Issue with control? Check.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder? Check.

Low self-esteem and insecurities? Check.

Just as with all other disorders, it's a warm and fuzzy feeling to know you're not all alone. Just by hearing myself out loud (i mean, just by reading the text i was keying on my cell) i felt less irrational and insane.

At lunch, to compensate for having had face-stuffing episodes in the last 48 hours, i went to Quizno's. Plus, i wasn't really hungry. I even walked in my heels just to believe i was burning off some fat.

I asked for a cobb salad, no onion, "for here". Yeah, yeah, i don't eat salads for my health, OK? The order-taker repeated the information to the food assembler in Spanish. Twice.

Waiting by the cash register and two sandwiches later, i witnessed the food assembler sprinkle diced red onion on my salad.

"No onion!" I cried.

She asked a question. I didn't understand a word. The manager intervened.

"No eggs?" He asked.

"No onion," I replied.

The girl gingerly removed the offensive ingredient.

Finally done, she handed the box over to the manager/ringer-upper, who applied pressure on the parameters of the box to ensure it was air-tight.

Then he proceeded to place the box in a plastic bag.

"For here!" I cried.

OMG! Let's review my order. There seems to be 3 criteria to it:

1. Cobb salad
2. No onion
3. For here

So basically they messed up 2 out of 3. C'mon, people! How hard can it be?!!!!!

No comments: