Saturday, May 05, 2007

Every Day Should Be Saturday 2



Had a good day. Relatively mellow. Went biking at Shoreline Park in Mountain View. Wish i had at least one pic to share that would do that vast gorgeous park justice, but when you're dying of heat exhaustion and dehydration you couldn't care less about taking good pictures.

I'm getting a lot better at getting my bike in and out of my car. (Thank God for sportswagons!) Should've seen me struggling in that Target parking garage when i first got it. Simply embarrassing.

It was nice out. Sure was windy though. This gal in my online group informs me that, according to weather.com, "windy" is when wind speed is 20 mph or higher. I did not know that. Also glad i'm not the only weather-obsessed nerd around.

After the one-hour ride, i watched the windsurfers for a moment. That nook of the bay reminded me of the lagoon in San Mateo. Always nice to be near a body of water, having grown up by the ocean.

Even though i felt like my legs were about to fall off, i wobbly went on to briefly visit the Rengstorff House, pictured above. Love that historic stuff! It's now the oldest Victorian Italianate building in the area. At one point the entire structure was transported from Rengstorff (a street named after the wealthy entrepreneur Henry Rengstorff, as the name suggests) to Shoreline. They just upped and plopped it. How wacky is that!

It's haunted, another gal in my online group tells me right before she takes off. Haunted, huh? That's right up my alley. I imagine all the stories, all the lives involved.

I looked up a whole bunch of upcoming events tonight. Lots are happening. More festivals and such than you can shake a stick at. Summer has always been my favorite season.

I looked some more on Craig's List, too, just to see if more probable w4w platonic classifieds had been posted. I was gonna take Denisse's advice to post my own, but when i was on that page, i had no idea what i was looking for. A friend, obviously. But people don't just click. Someone has to be rejected. Whether it's me or her, it's not a good prospect. I have enough bad karma under my belt.

And did you know there's lots of racist stuff under Rants and Raves? Some guy wrote, and i'm paraphrasing, "All the Chinese eat is rice fried with chicken fat. Maybe if they'd eat healthier food they'd grow beyond 5 feet, their pigment would be normal and their eyes would be of normal shape."

OMG! First my jaw dropped. I was appalled. But later i was glad i got to be exposed to that rage (if it is indeed real and not for shock value only). Because if that rage exists, it's better to be aware of it than to be sheltered from it. Forgive them, Father. They know not what they are doing.

And you know what? I had a good day. : )

No comments: