Sunday, August 13, 2006

Idle tete-a-tete 2

Tandy* my therapist called me up on Friday to check in on me.

"You've been on my mind for some reason," she said.

I was touched. No one has called to check in with me since... i can't even remember.

I told her how those "pleasure activities" they tell you to do bring no pleasure whatsoever at times.

She was incredulous. "You mean you can't picture yourself sitting outside Starbucks, reading, or just watching nature, or the people walking by?"

I didn't tell her. But no, i can't. Why would i wanna expose myself to exhaust fumes, UV rays and strangers, when i can read in the comfort of my own home?!

The healthiest thing i've done for myself lately is to switch from syrupy cocktails to wine. I'm no hardcore connoisseur. I prefer sissy, palate-friendly varieties - the likes of Arbor Mist and Wild Vines.

At this point the only arguably "real" wine i pick up is white zinfandel. Because it's not dry. Dry is not a good thing when it comes to wine if you ask me. It's not so good for physical intimacy either. But ah, a sense of humor can stand to be dry.


*Not her real name

No comments: