Monday, August 14, 2006

Epiphany 2

Today is my first day back in the workforce after three years. I woke up at 4:20 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I guess i was nervous. And i was afraid i'd have trouble getting up early!

Last week in CBT (Cognitive Behaviorial Therapy), i was bored because we spent a considerable amount of time in relaxation exercise, and anxiety i had none. Along comes a new job and boom, plenty of anxiety. Funny how that works.

Not used to a contiguous eight-hour day, i was exhausted by 2:30 p.m.

At the end of the day i did feel a tinge of hunger, but stopping somewhere to get food was unthinkable. All i wanted to do was to race home and relax.

And once i'd had a few sips of wine, my hunger was gone. Peace was restored once again. All in the world was good. At least for a while.

I can skip dinner all the time, I thought.

OMG, i've turned into JD.

(Read JD's posts on racing home: 042706, 040706.)

No comments: