Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sage 3

Two things i used to say about sex:

1. Life is short. Have sex often. After all, there are only so many carnal pleasures.

2. If you can't have love, have sex. Close enough.

I don't believe what i said any more. Sex is pointless. As life is pointless. And insignificant.

And so sadness is, too, insignificant. Therefore being sad is not sad. It means nothing.

Casting away a preexisting belief system certainly obliterates one's sense of identity. But then, perhaps we relinquish ideas in order to be truer to our core... which we may not even recognize.

So it's possible i never believed in the aforementioned bullets. I just believed that i believed.

What do i know? I used to say "Eat, drink, and be merry" too. Now i look below my chest and see the outline of my sternum. And i'm definitely not merry these days.

Well, at least i still drink. That's one consistency.

No comments: